PhD in Medicine Research-Degree-Program
PhD in Medicine
Texila American University Consortium, located in Hong Kong, constitutes of Universities and Campuses Strategically Spread Across Countries and Continents. The Group owns TAU Guyana, TAU Zambia, TAU Fujairah and Texila e-Learning. TAU-L and its subsidiaries currently educate and train over 4000+ students from more than 70 countries through various programs. TAU Consortium has Offices across India, USA, UAE and Hong Kong.
Texila American University is one of the best Caribbean Medical Schools, located in Guyana, South America. TAU offers Health Science programs with a high level of professionalism, exactness and problem solving skills. The University offers programs in Pre medicine, Doctor of Medicine and Bachelors in Nursing in its campus in Guyana. TAU-L offers Postgraduate Medical programs in partnership with UCN.
Postgraduate Medical Programs
- Fellowship with Master of Medicine/Master of Surgery
- Fellowship with 2 Years Advanced PG Diploma
- Residency Program in Philippines
- Blended Learning Programs
- Masters - Upgradation
- Masters in Medical Science (MMSc)
- Magister Chirurgiae (MCh)
- PhD in Medicine
Universidad Central de Nicaragua (UCN) (English name: Central University of Nicaragua) is an autonomous University that delivers degree programs at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels. The Central University of Nicaragua is a nonprofit institution and offering local degree programs and international distance learning programs. The University was founded in 1997. It is a private institution and authorized by the National Council of Universities (CNU) in Session No. 10-98 on 18th November, 1998 and approved by the Assembly of the Republic of Nicaragua by Decree No. 2822 according to the laws.
Texila American University Limited (TAU-L) and Universidad Central de Nicaragua (UCN) (English name: Central University of Nicaragua (CNU)) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to support each other in the areas of academic and scientific research. Texila American University (TAU – G) is the academic delivery partner whereas UCN is the awarding body.
The students would receive the globally recognized joint degree from the University of Central Nicaragua (UCN), in academic partnership with Texila American University (TAU).
PhD in Medicine
This program is designed for medical students who are interested in academic or research careers by enabling them to integrate a three-year research along with their clinical education.
Salient Features of PhD
- Students can pursue the course from his/her place of residence or work.
- Program is pursued in semester pattern
- Student will undergo training on research methodology and on the subject focused on research area
- Student will give their online proctored exams on the course work
- Students enrolled for PhD will have to identify a Guide having PhD or MD/MS in that specialization with a minimum of 10 years of teaching experience. Co-guide will be provided by the university
- Student will get continuous support by Academic Coordinator throughout the program μ Student can have at least 6 research articles published in the South American Journal of Medicine
- Student will submit their thesis and undergo a viva voce examination for the completion of the program
- The students would receive the globally recognized joint degree from the University of Central
- Nicaragua (UCN), in academic partnership with Texila American University (TAU).
- This program is designed for medical students who are interested in academic or research careers by enabling them to integrate a three-year research along with their clinical education
- PhD Research based program to enhance your skills in any clinical specializations
- Study Anytime Anywhere
- Various Specializations Available
- To enhance the quality of research and ensure that it remains at the highest international level in the future.
- To strengthen the talent pool and to build up a career direction for young researchers within the field of study.
- To attract outstanding researchers both nationally and internationally.
- To strengthen research training in the field of study.
- To catalyze the establishment of a national, dynamic, creative and internationally oriented research environment in the specialization.
- To strengthen networking, knowledge sharing and collaboration within the field of study.
- To become a competent, independent, mature and well-rounded researcher who is prepared to pursue an academic or scientific career.
- To develop the critical thinking skills, which is the foundation of the scientific method.
- To publish and present ideas in different formats and to different audiences.
- To develop communication, presentation and writing skills.
- To develop the ability to think critically by developing communication skills, and critique the reasoning skills by critiquing the communication skills.
- To plan and manage research skills, networking skills and social/interpersonal skills.
Course Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Admission-MD/MS or equivalent degree (M.Sc)
- Postgraduate degree [MS/MD, DNB, UK Royal College Exam membership in the same specialization or an equivalent degree from recognized university. Registered with the respective Medical Council (including additional qualification)
No age bar, Candidates with experience in the field will be given preference
ENROLLMENT:Enrollment of students takes place thrice a year – January, May and September.
PRIOR TO ADMISSION:
- Student will identify a Guide who will be responsible to guide the student regarding the thesis/research work.
- The selected Guide must have MD/MS/MCh/DM/PhD qualification with 5 Years of experience in teaching/research and a minimum of 5 publications in indexed journals.
- hould submit approval letter from Research institutes or lab’s for lab oriented research.
- he guide’s curriculum vitae and an approval form must be submitted to the admissions department for verification.
- tudent must identify 3 topics for research in collaboration with the guide and submit at the time of admission.
- A screening test will be held online for each student. This will consist of 100 Multiple Choice questions – 50 questions from the student’s specialty and 50 questions on research methodology.
- nly the students who clear the screening test will be admitted to the PhD Program.
- he pass percentage for the screening test is 50%.
- Co-guide will be appointed by the University
- Dedicated student coordinators will be assigned
- Student will have to decide on the topic of research within 3 months of admission in collaboration with guide and submit it to the academic department.
- Student will have to submit the research proposal within 6 months of admission in collaboration with guide and submit it to the academic department.
- Clinical Cardiology
- General Medicine
- HIV Medicine
- Medical Microbiology
- Clinical and Preclinical
- Public Health
- Clinical Research
- Behavioural Science
- Education and many more..
Award of PhD Degree:After successful completion of the program the students will be awarded the PhD in Medicine by Research Degree from the University of Central Nicaragua.
Note: All Fields are mandatory to fill.