PhD in Medicine Research-Degree-Program
PhD is a unique research based program aimed at enhancing your skills in clinical specializations. The program prepares you to become a competent researcher to carry out research in many specialties such as Diabetology, Clinical Cardiology, General Medicine, HIV Medicine, Anesthesia, Medical Microbiology, Orthopedics independently. Texila offers research based PhD in Medicine designed for medical students who are keen to pursue academic or research careers.
- Study Anytime Anywhere
- Various Specializations Available
- To enhance the quality of research and ensure that it remains at the highest international level in the future.
- To strengthen the talent pool and to build up a career direction for young researchers within the field of study.
- To attract outstanding researchers both nationally and internationally.
- To strengthen research training in the field of study.
- To catalyze the establishment of a national, dynamic, creative and internationally oriented research environment in the specialization.
- To strengthen networking, knowledge sharing and collaboration within the field of study.
- To become a competent, independent, mature and well-rounded researcher who is prepared to pursue an academic or scientific career.
- To develop the critical thinking skills, which is the foundation of the scientific method.
- To publish and present ideas in different formats and to different audiences.
- To develop communication, presentation and writing skills.
- To develop the ability to think critically by developing communication skills, and critique the reasoning skills by critiquing the communication skills.
- To plan and manage research skills, networking skills and social/interpersonal skills.
PhD Research based program to enhance your skills in any clinical specializations
Course Duration : 3 Years
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Admission-MD/MS or equivalent degree (M.Sc)
- Postgraduate degree [MS/MD, DNB, UK Royal College Exam membership in the same specialization or an equivalent degree from recognized university. Registered with the respective Medical Council (including additional qualification)
No age bar, Candidates with experience in the field will be given preference
ENROLLMENT:Enrollment of students takes place thrice a year – January, May and September.
PRIOR TO ADMISSION:
- Student will identify a Guide who will be responsible to guide the student regarding the thesis/research work.
- The selected Guide must have MD/MS/MCh/DM/PhD qualification with 5 Years of experience in teaching/research and a minimum of 5 publications in indexed journals.
- hould submit approval letter from Research institutes or lab’s for lab oriented research.
- he guide’s curriculum vitae and an approval form must be submitted to the admissions department for verification.
- tudent must identify 3 topics for research in collaboration with the guide and submit at the time of admission.
- A screening test will be held online for each student. This will consist of 100 Multiple Choice questions – 50 questions from the student’s specialty and 50 questions on research methodology.
- nly the students who clear the screening test will be admitted to the PhD Program.
- he pass percentage for the screening test is 50%.
- Co-guide will be appointed by the University
- Dedicated student coordinators will be assigned
- Student will have to decide on the topic of research within 3 months of admission in collaboration with guide and submit it to the academic department.
- Student will have to submit the research proposal within 6 months of admission in collaboration with guide and submit it to the academic department.
- Clinical Cardiology
- General Medicine
- HIV Medicine
- Medical Microbiology
- Clinical and Preclinical
- Public Health
- Clinical Research
- Behavioural Science
- Education and many more..
Award of PhD Degree:After successful completion of the program the students will be awarded the PhD in Medicine by Research Degree from the University of Central Nicaragua.
Note: All Fields are mandatory to fill.